Roulette is one of the simplest classic casino games that is enjoyed by both rookie and expert gamblers alike. Being easy to learn and to understand this is one of the games to go for especially if you are a beginner at betting online.
In today’s post, you are going to learn all the basic principles of this game, particularly the types of bets you can place and your odds once you start playing. Buckle up for you are about to get some interesting pointers of the game.
How to Play Roulette at Online Casinos
Just like the slot machine games, the Roulette game heavily depends on luck, and your chances are slightly affected by the kind of variant that you participate in. Before we look at the most popular Roulette offshoots online, let us first have a quick look at the type of wagers you can place.
As you may already know, if you want to play Roulette now, you are supposed to predict your lucky number where the ball will land after the wheel stops spinning. It’s as simple as that. Unlike other table games like Blackjack or Poker which will need a bit of skill, here not much practice is required before you can play the game.
After placing your bets, click the spin button to start the spin wheel, and once the wheel stops, your winnings will be settled according to the payout table. The most important thing you should know about playing this game is that understanding the types of bets that are available. Some of the wagers you can place together with the probable odds of winning include:
- Corner bet: wager on four numbers by placing your chip in the centre of the square that the numbers form. A win for an 8-1 payout.
- Street bet: a bet on any three numbers in a horizontal line with an 11-1 payout.
- Triple: a bet across three numbers for a payout of 11-1 if any of the three numbers hit.
- Line bet: Pays 5-1, a bet on any six numbers (when in rows of three they effectively become two street bets).
- Dozen bet: a wager across 12 numbers for a 2-1 payout.
- Even money bets: red/black, odd/even, high/low – have a high chance of hitting and pay even money.
- Colour: bet on black or red for the chance to win even money.
- Column bet: bet on a column of numbers as shown on the betting table for a payout of 2:1
- High/low: pays even money, a bet on a group of numbers (1-18 or 19-36) to win.
- Odds/even: pays even money but has a high chance of hitting.
- Split bet: A wager on 2 numbers staked by putting your chip at the middle line – the payout is a generous 17-1.
- Straight bet: Wager on just one number for a return ratio of 35-1: the highest paying bet.
- Violins du Zero: a French Roulette wagered on a number that surrounds the 0 (zero).
- Tiers du Cylinder: a French version wagered on numbers opposite the 0 (zero).
With the above types of wagers, you can easily enjoy huge payouts especially with the riskier single number bets which pay 35/1 your money. Columns pay 8/1 while the outside bets pay even money (1/1) and so, you have to make a decision depending on the type of gamer you are.
The Most Common Online Roulette Variants
There are a number of online variants that you can enjoy right after understanding how this game works. Most of them are found at instant play no download casinos while at other gaming sites, you might have to install the software of the casino on your device. Some of the most exciting variants are such as:
- European Roulette: This is the most common variation of the online Roulette game and has 37 numerically marked slots with figures 1 to 36 and a single zero. It has 10 bets.
- French Roulette: It has 37 numerically marked slots. It’s quite similar to European one only that the markings are made in French and comes with extra rules such as ‘la partage’.
- Mini Roulette: instead of the usual 1-36 numbers, it has 1-12 numbers as well plus the usual zero. This significantly the betting structure as well as the payouts.
- American Roulette: here, there’s an extra slot on the wheel that contains a double zero (00). The game is played the same way as the European variant except for the extra zero that offers a number of extra betting possibilities and thus changing the payout structure a little.
- Premium Roulette: Premium games are designed and played the same as the European one, but with improved graphics and animations for a more thrilling gameplay.
Best Casinos to Play Roulette Games
As you enjoy gaming online, you will come across many other variants that are quite interesting as well. Just make sure that you understand any different rules that are introduced before you start to play. Better yet, look for free Roulette games to play now so that you can be familiar with the game play before staking your real cash. Some of the best online sites to enjoy these games are:
- Jackpot City Casino
- Royal Vegas Casino
- Ruby Fortune Casino
- Platinum Play Casino
- Spin Palace Casino
These casinos are chosen based on their lucrative bonuses, return to player percentages as well as security and the range of banking options available for gamers. If you become a member, you are sure to have fun.
Unlock your golden opportunities of winning lots of real cash by trying out this game today. Take note of the rules as well as the terminology used during gameplay and choose your bets wisely. Best of luck!